The ACC Lacrosse season continues to progress…
The big news this week was former #1 Virginia losing to former #2 Johns Hopkins in overtime, 11-10. Johns Hopkins used a 4-1 third quarter to pull ahead of Virginia. And then John Ranagan scored the game-winning goal with five seconds remaining in the overtime period. It was Virginia’s first loss in 14 home games.
The Inside Lacrosse poll has Virginia #2, no longer receiving any first place votes. Duke is #8 and Maryland is #9. North Carolina is #12 and Syracuse has dropped all the way to #14.
In the USILA Coaches Poll Virginia dropped all the way to #3. The rest is the same as the Inside Lacrosse Poll, except that North Carolina is #11.
Saturday, March 24, 2012:
Duke 13, Georgetown 11. Recap.
North Carolina 11, Maryland 10. Recap.
Johns Hopkins 11, Virginia 10 (OT). Recap.
Sunday, March 25, 2012:
Villanova 11, Syracuse 10. Recap.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012:
Duke 9, Brown 8. Recap.
Saturday, March 31, 2012:
Virginia @ Maryland. 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 1, 2012:
Duke v Syracuse. 4:00 p.m.
North Carolina v Johns Hopkins. 6:30 p.m.
Friday, April 6, 2012:
Navy @ Maryland. 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 7, 2012:
Virginia @ North Carolina. 1:00 p.m.
Marist @ Duke. Time TBA.
Princeton @ Syracuse. 4:00 p.m.
Virginia 8-1 (0-0 in conference).
Maryland 5-2 (1-1 in conference)
Duke 8-3 (1-1 in conference)
North Carolina 7-3 (1-1 in conference)
The Confidential’s ACC Lacrosse Rankings:
1. Virginia (8-1). Losing to the #2 team in overtime is hardly worth dropping Virginia over.
2. Duke (8-3). Duke just keeps on winning. They face a struggling Syracuse team on Sunday.
3. North Carolina (7-3). With a win over Maryland and more wins, North Carolina gets the edge.
4. Maryland (5-2). With a win over North Carolina, Maryland would be #2. Instead? #4.
5. Syracuse (6-3). Syracuse has not looked good when winning and played poorly in losing.
If you have any comments on the ACC Lacrosse season or this entry, please feel free to share!