Mel Kiper issues a “big board” periodically at ESPN.com. In his latest pre-draft version, he ranks the top 100 players heading into the NFL draft. This is a fairly decent cheat sheet for the first two nights of the draft. The ACC is well-represented on this list.
In the top 25:
- Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson, has surged to #2 overall.
- Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame, is at #8
- Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt, is #9
- Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina, is #15
- Kyle Fuller, DB, Virginia Tech, is #17
- Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville, is #18
- Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame, is #25.
Pretty interesting that Florida State won the National Championship without a top 25 player in the Draft, especially after losing so many players last year. In fact, look how far down the list you go until you reach a Seminole.
The remainder of the top 100:
- #29 Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
- #34 Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
- #46 Jeramiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech
- #49 Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame
- #54 Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
- #55 Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
- #64 Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
- #68 Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
- #69 Terrence Brooks, S, Florida State
- #70 Tom Savage, QB, Pitt
- #78 Brent Urban, DL, Virginia
- #80 Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech
- #81 Andre Williams, RB, Boston College
- #84 Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
- #85 Marcus Smith, DE, Louisville
- #88 Brandon Thomas, G, Clemson
- #91 Telvin Smith, LB, Florida State
- #96 Bryan Stork, C, Florida State
There are no players for Duke, North Carolina State, Syracuse, Miami, and Wake Forest in the top 100. Duke, Syracuse, and Miami were a combined 26-14 last year.