Confidential Correspondents’ Basketball Poll: December 23, 2014
The Confidential routinely polls its correspondents to rank the top ACC basketball teams. Here is a quick rundown of how and where we rank the teams:
- Duke (10-0). 48 points, 4 first-place votes. Next game: December 29 v Toledo.
- Louisville (10-0). 44 points. Next game: December 23 v Cal State Northridge. Yeah, everyone is looking forward to the Kentucky game. How can you not?
- Virginia (11-0). 43 points, 1 first-place vote. Next game: December 30 v Davidson.
- Notre Dame (12-1). 34 points. Next game: December 30 v Hartford.
- Miami (9-3). 29 points. Next game: December 30 v College of Charleston. The Hurricanes really need to right the ship after losses to Eastern Kentucky, Wisconsin-Green Bay, and Providence.
- North Carolina (8-3). 23 points. Next game: December 27th v UAB.
- North Carolina State (9-3). 20 points. Next game: December 23rd v Louisiana Tech.
- Georgia Tech (8-2). 12 points. Next game: December 23rd v Dayton.
- Pittsburgh (8-3). 11 points. Next game: December 23rd v Holy Cross.
- Syracuse (7-4). 9 points. Next game: December 28th v Long Beach State. The Orange are looking better of late, narrowly losing to Villanova and taking care of business against Colgate.
Others: Boston College 1 pt. Clemson, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Florida State did not receive votes.
What do you think–do we have anyone over-ranked or under-ranked?
Looks right to me. The top 3 teams are all potential national champs. The next 6 or 7 are all potential tournament teams.