No matter how high or low you are, you have much to be thankful for. The life that God gave you (even if you are falling short in using it Him). Liberty (to the extent that government still allows much of it). Health. Happiness. The Lord’s forgiveness and plan of salvation. But each ACC school also has much to be thankful for this year in football, such as:
- Clemson–thankful that Dabo Swinney has restored success to Clemson and then some. Even if Clemson loses before bowl season, Clemson was in the running all year long again.
- Louisville–thankful that Lamar Jackson and Bobby Petrino have made Louisville as much as a football school as a basketball school lately. What Charlie Strong started, Jackson and Petrino have taken even farther
- Florida State–thankful that Jimbo Fisher has put FSU back in a position where 8-3 seasons are disappointing. There were some mediocre years.
- Virginia Tech–thankful that the transition from Frank Beamer has been so smooth. The team has not only not lost a step, it is doing even better.
- North Carolina–thankful to avoid sanctions and to have hoops/football teams that are at the top.
- Miami–thankful that Mark Richt came home to restore some of the Hurricanes swagger, even if streaky and not quite all the way back.
- Georgia Tech–thankful that last year’s dismal season remains the anomaly, as a nice rebound season continues.
- Wake Forest–both football and hoops are trending up under Clawson and Manning.
- NC State–thankful that the A.D. does not schedule tougher, so as to keep them within scratching distance of a bowl every year (unlike some schools that over-schedule)
- Duke–thankful for Coach K, always, as well as Cutcliffe’s turnaround.
- Notre Dame–thankful to be a partial member of the ACC, given the football team’s struggles this year.
- Syracuse–thankful for Coach Boeheim, always, but also thankful for Dino Babers injecting life into the football program
- Boston College–see NC State.
- Virginia–thankful for Coach Bennett and hoops dominance of late, as well as a new era in football.
- The ACC–thankful that ESPN has been able to keep the Big 10 and its cash at bay.
What do you think? What else should each school be thankful for?