From time to time, we take a survey of the blogosphere to see what is happening around the A.C.C. Today is as good a day as any to do so. Let’s jump right in:
- Syracuse hoops is struggling mightily. While there was some concern that the Boeheim suspension would not go well, there was also significant optimism regarding coach-in-waiting Mike Hopkins. A win at home over Clemson would have gotten “Hop” to 5-4 as interim coach. Instead, the Orange lost in overtime (analysis from Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician), dropping to 10-6 overall and 0-3 in conference. Perhaps Jim Boeheim is even better than we all thought.
- While Clemson football was pulling the mild upset, Shakin the Southland was also previewing an upcoming football game between Alabama and Clemson. You may have heard about this game. You know, it is for the national championship.
- Over at Tomahawk Nation, Florida State fans were discussing the NFL draft decisions of two key players: DB Jalen Ramsey and K Roberto Aguayo. Both players were elite in college and very likely to have long NFL careers. Of course, even with the stunning loss to Houston and these defections, no need to feel sorry for Florida State–it will reload and be just fine in both the short-term and long-term.
- North Carolina was enjoying its 106-90 win over Florida State in basketball, while also praising Brice Johnson’s 39 point, 23 rebound game. The discussion continues today over at the Tar Heel Blog.
- Although less about real news, you’ve got to check out this amusing entry from Backing the Pack about Dave Doeren. Good stuff!
So, there it is. If you know of anything good we missed, let us (and everyone else) know below.