Kickoff is about 24 hours away. If you have not done so, get your fantasy football entries in for Week 1. We have a prize running for Weeks 1 through 4 that is in addition to the season-long prize. Returning to the poll… the elders here at the Confidential rank the ACC as follows:
- Florida State (50 points, 5 first place votes). The Seminoles are the team to beat in the ACC and nationwide. A tougher schedule makes a repeat quite a daunting task though.
- Clemson (44 points). The Tigers get Georgia in Week 1 and South Carolina to close the season. NC State… aren’t you embarrassed about your OOC schedule? Duke too!
- Miami (33 points). Some say Golden is on the hot seat. That is absurd. But Miami is long overdue for a great season.
- Louisville (31 points). The Parker injury dropped the Cardinals one point, but that is all.
- North Carolina (28 points). North Carolina is everyone’s sleeper in the Coastal. Maybe, by definition, they are no longer a sleeper?
- Duke (25 points). Cupcake city for Duke again this year on the gridiron. Where is Dick Vitale to point that out. Oh, probably watching Notre Dame football.
- Notre Dame (24 points). Speaking of the Fighting Irish, they are a tough team to figure out. The suspensions may be an issue also.
- Virginia Tech (19 points). Virginia Tech is the last school to be on all of the Confidential ballots. Virginia Tech can’t look ahead to a Braxton Miller-less Ohio State. All FCS teams are capable of pulling the upset.
- Syracuse (9 points). Anything can happen for the Orange this year. 4 wins to 9 wins…. is any of it a surprise.
- Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh (5 points). These Coastal teams are hard to separate. As they all are.
Others: Boston College (2 points). Wake Forest, Virginia, and North Carolina State did not receive any votes.
What do YOU think? What is your top 10?