So, you think you know college football? Especially ACC football? Prove it.
WHO CAN ENTER?
WHY SHOULD I ENTER?
Hopefully, you are competitive and think you know ACC football.
Beyond that… there is a $25 prize, payable via PayPal to the entrant whose team scores the most points!
WHO WILL ENTER?
Brian, Lenville, and ACaffrey–the three co-winners of the regular season fantasy football contest, who are going to use the bowl season to settle the tie. Most points between them will win that prize!
HOW DO I ENTER?
After the bowl matchups are announced, the Confidential will create a page that will allow you to post a comment that submits your entry.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
Rule #1: Anyone desiring to enter must submit ONE (and only one) comment in that post announcing the following:
- One Quarterback from “an ACC school” (i.e. the 14 ACC schools, plus Notre Dame)
- One Running Back from an ACC school
- One Wide Receiver from an ACC school
- One more Running Back, Wide Receiver, or Tight End from an ACC school
- One defense for an ACC school.
- One coach for an ACC school
Example of a great entry: Jameis Winston (QB) FSU; Duke Williams (RB) Miami; Jamison Crowder (WR) Duke; Ryan Switzer (WR), UNC; Clemson Defense; and Coach Dave Doeren. Note the use of first names, positions, and schools. There are obviously more than one Williams in the ACC. Also, see Rule #4regarding diversity in selecting your team.
Rule #2: The scoring is as follows for QBs, RBs, WR’s, and TE’s:
- 1 point for every 20 yards passing
- 1 point for every 10 yards rushing and receiving.
- 5 points for a touchdown of any variety (i.e. includes special teams)
- 2 points for participating in a 2-point conversion… i.e. passing, rushing, or receiving for one.
- For a QB only… 5 bonus points for winning a game in which he attempted at least 90% of the teams passes. Yes, if your QB only completes 88% of his teams passes because a backup comes in for the second half of a game against an terrible foe, no points are awarded. We are rewarding he defeating of a meritorious foe, not a cupcake.
Rule #3: The scoring is as follows for a Defense:
- Scoring formula = (30 MINUS the number of points the defense allows in regulation). Example, if your team allows 21 points, the defense gets 9 points. If your team allows 52 points, the defense gets -22 points. If the score is 30-30 in regulation, but 52-50 in overtime, the defense gets 0 points.
- 5 bonus points for winning the game, 2 bonus points for losing in overtime.
- 1 points for a recovered fumble, interception, or sack.
- -4 points for allowing 500 yards of offense, 400 yards of passing, and/or 300 yards of rushing.
Rule #4: The scoring is as follows for a Coach:
- 6 points for winning a game against an FBS opponent
- 3 points for winning a game against an FCS opponent.
- -6 points for losing a game against an FCS opponent.
- Bonus points for defeating a ranked team: 20 points for top 5, 15 points for #6-#15, 10 points for #16-#25. We will use the final College Football Playoff standings.
Rule #5: Bonus points: If your entry uses players/coaches from six different ACC schools, you will receive 5 bonus points that week.
Rule #6: The source of the statistics will be the ESPN boxscore, as of the date that it is reviewed by the Confidential for tabulation. Once the Confidential reviews the ESPN boxscore, the scoring is final–even if ESPN is inaccurate or there is a change to the boxscore.
Rule #7: If Florida State is in the playoff, only the FIRST playoff game will count. The Championship Game would not.
Rule #8: There are no other rules.
To make an entry, post your comments in the Entry Page that will be created after all of the bowl matchups are announced.