The ACC Lacrosse season continues to progress…
The big news this week was Duke defeating Virginia 13-5. Duke has been on a roll, so a win over Virginia would not have been entirely shocking. But to win by 8 goals? NOBODY saw that coming.
With all the losses, Loyola of Maryland and Massachusetts are atop the standings right now. Both teams are undefeated.
The Inside Lacrosse poll has Duke at #5, with no first place votes. Virginia is #6, Maryland is #8, North Carolina is #9, and Syracuse is #14.
In the USILA Coaches Poll, Virginia is #4 with 4 of the 0 first place votes. Duke is #7, Maryland is #8, North Carolina is #9, and Syracuse is #15.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012:
Cornell 12-Syracuse 6, Recap
Friday, April 13, 2012:
Duke 13-Virginia 5, Recap
Saturday, April 14, 2012:
Syracuse 19-Rutgers 6, Recap
North Carolina 12-Hofstra 9, Recap
Maryland 9-Johns Hopkins 6, Recap
Tuesday, April 17, 2012:
Syracuse 13-Hobart 12, Recap
The 2012 ACC Men’s Lacrosse Championship Tournament:
Friday, April 20, 2012 (semifinals)
#4 Maryland v #1 Duke, 5:00 p.m.
#3 North Carolina v #2 Virginia, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Championship, 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Georgetown @ Syracuse, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Maryland @ Mount Saint Mary’s, 7:00 p.m.
Virginia 10-2 (2-1 in conference).
Duke 11-3 (2-1 in conference)
North Carolina 9-4 (1-2 in conference)
Maryland 7-3 (1-2 in conference)
The Confidential’s ACC Lacrosse Rankings:
1. Duke (11-3). After a tough start, Duke has rebounded and dominated Virginia.
2. Virginia (10-2). After a great start, Virginia is fading a bit. Collapsed against Duke.
3. North Carolina (9-4). With a win over Maryland and more wins, North Carolina gets the edge.
4. Maryland (7-3). Maryland has an extra few games to show it deserves an upgrade.
5. Syracuse (7-5). Too many losses. And not enough impressive wins.
If you have any comments on the ACC Lacrosse season or this entry, please feel free to share!