Things the Confidential Would Like to See In College Hoops…
Everyone is a critic. Everyone has an opinion. But not everyone has this forum for sharing it. So here are the things the Confidential would like to see in College Hoops. In no particular order:
- How about an elimination of the timeout/timeout stuff during basketball games? If a team calls a timeout with 16:20 left in the half, it must be a timeout that lasts for a commercial break. Does anyone really need 30 seconds of play in between commercial breaks? It is almost as bad as the NFL with its… commercial, kickoff, commercial crap.
- Call us crazy, but we WANT to see Andy Enfield of Florida Gulf Coast go to USC. First, it would be nice for someone to kick the crap out of Steve Alford, who left Iowa and has now left New Mexico. We get that the 10-year contract means very little, but at least give it a year. Not a week. So the Confidential would love to see Dunk City shift over to L.A. Second, Enfield plays an exciting brand of basketball. That is needed on the West Coast. Good fit. Third, his wife has had motherhood take away from her modeling career. Being back in the LA area would be nice for her. Granted, if they do not want it, so be it. But, if they do, it is fine with the Confidential.
- How about some props for Jim Boeheim–perhaps even a few mea culpas by the talking heads? A fourth final four, in four decades. This team is not one of his most talented, but defense counts and they are very talented defenders. An excellent tournament run.
- Some prayers for Kevin Ware. Plenty of people get injured each day, but not all of them have to do it in the floor in front of thousands and on TV in front of millions.
- Charles Barkley retiring from the CBS host gig for March Madness. His opinions are not that insightful. Frankly, they are not even accurate. While Barkley deserves credit for being opinionated and having the guts to share that opinion, even better would be if his opinions included sound basketball analysis. He may know the NBA game, but there have to be 1,000 guys who know the college game more.
- Give credit to Rick Pitino. He has wasted a ton of time in the NBA, but still has 7 Final Fours.
What do YOU want out of college hoops? Let us know.