Current and Future members of the ACC were well-represented at the Sunday selection show for the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse tournament, as 5 of the 16 teams in this year’s tourney can lay claims to the ACC.
The #1 Overall seed, Syracuse, will officially join the ACC in just a few short weeks, and will be sure to bring the Big East Championship trophy (the fourth in as many years) with them to the eastern seaboard.
Despite losing to Syracuse in the Big East Tournament Semis, Notre Dame claimed the #2 overall seed and was closely followed by ACC Champion, North Carolina (#5), Big Ten-bound Maryland (#6), and Duke (#7). The tournament match-ups are after the jump.
(1) Syracuse // Bryant (Northeast) (Sunday @7:30)
(8) Penn State // Yale (Ivy) (Saturday @2:30)
(5) North Carolina // Lehigh (Patriot) (Saturday @Noon)
(4) Denver // Albany (America East) (Saturday @7:30)
(3) Ohio State (ECAC) // Towson (CAA) (Sunday @3:00)
(6) Maryland // Cornell (Sunday @1:00)
(7) Duke // Loyola (Sunday @5:15)
(2) Notre Dame // Detroit (MAAC) (Saturday @5:00)