As we all patiently and not-so-patiently await the start of the college football season, there is not much actual news to report. Every blog and newspaper covering every A.C.C. school is knee-deep in their articles about why each and every player is going to surprise everyone this year, giving hope (and often false hope) to fans. So be it. That is what makes college sports so fun. The hope is legitimate. Anyway, here is what is happening at several schools:
- Over at Shakin’ the Southland, the position by position analysis has turned to QB, where Clemson is “positioned” quite well with Heisman candidate Deshaun Watson.
- At Tomahawk Nation, Florida State fans can read about the offensive line–which may (scarily for FSU opponents) be the best that Jimbo Fisher has ever had at FSU.
- At One Foot Down, Notre Dame fans are still dealing with the off-field incident that led to the dismissal of safety Max Redfield.
- Card Chronicle, which covers Louisville, previews the running backs.
- For Miami fans, State of the U is recognizing that the Hurricanes have their own Heisman Candidate in Brad Kaaya.
- On a more general note, be sure to have Hokie Mark’s www.accfootballrx.blogspot.com on your favorites list. A recent article discussed who the biggest draws/rivals are for each ACC school.
- And for those of you in basketball mode 365 days a year, or just looking for a debate, take a look at this list of the best 44 players in Syracuse basketball history.
So there it is… August 23, 2016. Football is coming, folks. Hang in there.